Hunger Games and Catching Fire

Around the time I was on my vacation and when I got home, I began these two books that my sister said I had to read. She has been telling me forever that I need to read them. I'm glad I finally did. I read both books in two days each. They are filled action packed from front to beginning. The storyline kinda burrows down into your soul. So many times I would be working on artwork and I would subconsciously catch myself thinking about it. Sometimes my dreams are filled around the world and storyline of the stories. Obviously I loved the books. I could gab about them all night but I'm afraid to share too much for you. So I will just share the summary from Scholastic books.


Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives.


In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


Both books are based off these Hunger Games. The last installment of this series is Mockingjay. It will be released on 8-24-10. Just a few months away. I am excited to read it. So many things I want to find out.

My sister is an avid reader, blogger, and writer. She also has blogs about these books and I encourage you to check them out at http://blameitonthefullmoon.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-so-addictive-hunger-games.html.


They are written by Suzanne Collins. Her biography is very impressive and found at http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/bio.htm.

0 comments: