It's October!



I have read blogs about how much they love October because it brings fall and Halloween. Well I'm not any different. It really is my favorite month of the year. I love sweaters, cool weather, leaves changing, many family birthdays (including mine!), Halloween (though I didn't use to get into it), and my new favorite thing ghosts.

So I am sitting in my school's library cafe. Wearing one of my new lovely sweaters while it is cool outside. It's actually cold, 55 degrees. It's only because of the rain and no sun. But I love it! I can wear all my favorite clothes, bundle up, and be cozy. I normally hate rain, I don't care today, because it's FALL!!!!

Because I love fall so much, I feel like there is never enough time in the month. Fall festivals, pumpkin patches, my brothers birthday, my dads birthday, my aunts birthday, and my birthday, college classes(yuck!), Halloween, Pi Phi Initiation, EKU Homecoming. So many of these things will take days out of my time this month. I've already planned on celebrating my birthday with friends on three different nights, in three different towns (restaurants, bars). Then I have our family birthday celebration day. Oh and I so want to go back to Shadowbox for their Nightmare at the Shadowbox show in Newport, Ky. Shadowbox is a rocknroll concert/ skits. It's so funny plus great booze and food. You would think its alot of partying and drinking... well yes but I do have purity week for my sorority during all this. So nothing then. But afterwards EKU Homecoming and tailgating, which is the night before Halloween. Then Halloween, on a Sunday. Yeah I am doing all this with a full-time job and full-time student. I'll make it work somehow.

A few months ago I got sucked into the show Ghost Adventures. Well new episodes are out and they went to two places in Kentucky. One everyone goes to and the other I have never heard of before. I am so anti-thriller/gore movies, haunted house, etc. because all that stuff scares me. I didn't even want to go a ghost tour when I lived in Savannah, GA. I think that's when I came to terms that all this ghost stuff is pretty interesting. So I so want to go to Waverly Hills and Bobby Mackeys. Bobby Mackeys is a bar/ country night club, so it's a public venue. It's right next to Newport, KY. I really want to make a stop there before or after going to the Shadowbox. That place is so active during both episodes on the show. I really want to go. I'll probably be scared and nerves kicking me in the stomach the whole time. But this is the month to do all this.

Now after you think I am probably a freak..... I need to figure out what I will be for Halloween. I hate buying costumes and like making it from what I have. Last year I was a gypsy with tarot cards, but I didn't learn how to read them in time. This year since Halloween is on a Sunday, I have sorority meeting that night still and we are having a costume contest. The thing is it is also Homecoming weekend. I don't know how parties and bars are gonna be doing, so I need to be prepared. I'm just clueless and what I want to be though........ I need help brainstorming.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: